Thursday, November 16, 2017
Certified Kubernetes Conformance Program: Launch Celebration Round Up
This week the CNCFⓇ certified the first group of KubernetesⓇ offerings under the Certified Kubernetes Conformance Program. These first certifications follow a beta phase during which we invited participants to submit conformance results. The community response was overwhelming: CNCF certified offerings from 32 vendors!
The new Certified Kubernetes Conformance Program gives enterprise organizations the confidence that workloads running on any Certified Kubernetes distribution or platform will work correctly on other Certified Kubernetes distributions or platforms. A Certified Kubernetes product guarantees that the complete Kubernetes API functions as specified, so users can rely on a seamless, stable experience.
Here’s what the world had to say about the Certified Kubernetes Conformance Program.
- IBM, Google, Microsoft, and 33 more partner to ensure Kubernetes workload portability, VentureBeat.
- The CNCF just got 36 companies to agree to a Kubernetes certification standard, TechCrunch
- CNCF Ensures Kubernetes Interoperability with a New Cert Program, The New Stack
- Cloud Native launches Certified Kubernetes program, SD Times
- CNCF offers Kubernetes Software Conformance Certification program RCR Wireless
- New Kubernetes Certification Program Announced Virtualization Review
- Key Cloud Computing Group Launches Interoperability Certification for Kubernetes GeekWire
- New Kubernetes Certification Program Helps Deliver Consistency in the Cloud BetaNews
- Kubernetes vendors agree on standardization, ZDNet
CNCF Launches Kubernetes Conformance Certification Program, sdxcentral Community blog round-up:
Introducing Certified Kubernetes (and Google Kubernetes Engine!), Google
Certified Kubernetes: A key step forward for the open source ecosystem, Heptio
VMware Pivotal Container Service Achieves Kubernetes Certification, VMWare Pivotal
Huawei Cloud Container Engine gained first wave of Certificated Kubernetes Qualification, Huawei
Cloud Foundry Container Runtime Gets Kubernetes-Certified, Cloud Foundry
SUSE CaaS Platform 2 certified under Kubernetes Conformance Software Certification, SUSE
Kubernetes on Mesosphere DC/OS now certified by CNCF, Mesosphere
Rancher joins the CNCF Kubernetes Software Conformance Certification program, Rancher
StackPointCloud Becomes First Multi-Cloud CNCF Certified Kubernetes Offering, StackPointCloud Visit https://www.cncf.io/certification/software-conformance for more information about the Certified Kubernetes Conformance Program, and learn how you can join a growing list of Certified Kubernetes providers.
“Cloud Native Computing Foundation”, “CNCF” and “Kubernetes” are registered trademarks of The Linux Foundation in the United States and other countries. “Certified Kubernetes” and the Certified Kubernetes design are trademarks of The Linux Foundation in the United States and other countries.